Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Welcome Little Maddix and Cohen

Well I have waited for the day that someone on my side of the family finally joined the "Parenthood Pack". That day has finally came. My sister Natalie and her husband Eric welcomed their first little one to the world on September 7th. Maddix Brian weighed in at 7 lbs. and 1 oz. Then just 6 days later on September 13th, my brother Dustin and his wife Lisa welcomed their first as well. Cohen Dustin weighed 7 lbs. and 6 oz..
It was the biggest surprise for all of us. The boys both came about two weeks early and just in time for me, their favorite Aunt Coley to witness their births. It is a funny story so I will tell it in the shortest way possible...
I arrived with my 3 girls on Thursday the 4th of September to celebrate the upcoming births of my nephews. That night we had a shower for Lisa. Then just two days later we threw Natalie her shower. Both Natalie and Lisa had been experiencing contractions for days but both had been to the doctor and it was told that those contractions were doing nothing.
Well just one day after Natalie's' shower, Sunday the 7th, also the day I was to be going home, I was awakened by Natalie saying they were going to the hospital. She had been having contractions all night and was spotting. I stayed at her place with my girls and gave the call to Brady, who was in Idaho, that I might not be coming home that day. Nat spent a couple hours at the hospital and then was sent home. She was told to come back if the contractions got any stronger or closer, at the time she was dilated to a 3. She came home around 11:00 a.m. and by 4:30 p.m. we were on our way back to the hospital. Maddix was born that night!
Maddix Brian
Needless to say it was a very crowded delivery room, which included myself and all three of my daughters present for the birth. We tried to get them out of the room but Kendahl burst into tears saying she wanted to see the birth. I warned her of the blood, but she insisted. I swear she will be a doctor. She was pretty much the doctors right hand. She stood at the end of the table and watched the whole delivery! It was amazing!
Of course then we stayed the whole week to spend time with the new baby and help out. We planned to leave Saturday morning. However, Lisa was having contractions all week and we didn't know what was going to happen.
Saturday morning rolled around and sure enough I got a phone call at 6:00 a.m. from my brother that they were at the hospital and Lisa was getting ready for her epidural. Yep, she was having a baby! We proceeded to the hospital and I put in another phone call to my lonely husband to inform him once again we would not be coming home that day. Cohen was born that afternoon!!

Cohen Dustin

No comments: